Thursday 14 June 2007

Maycomb

So as I was pondering about my decision if I was right dropping out of IB, I began to think what was more important: being a very social person or a very academic person.

As having both is the obvious necessity, I would honestly say as high school students, we should focus more on the latter.

For as a teenager, it is quite easy to build relationships with your peers and even if you are going to leave them after senior year, you will have the confidence to meet new people and take on being a little fish in a big bowl.
You could always pick up these skills as you grow up. However, if you were to try and learn how to be a more social person later in life, it will be much more difficult. This is the opposite for academics because you learn more and more throughout your life.

Also, after you get through that portal of hell known as school, without having social skills, the academic advantage would be totally useless.

And take it from my 8th grade English teacher, who would always tell me "The world is run by C students."

2 comments:

YY said...

The world is run by C students! WORLD HERE I COME.

CLS FOSHO.

Unknown said...

Maycomb County, WHERE?!