Tuesday 11 March 2008

TV on the Radio

I have this love/hate relationship with TV on the Radio.  I cannot stand them because from interviews, etc they seem like the most pretentious assholes on the planet.  However, when you get passed their "we are too cool for mainstream shit" attitude, you see the glory that is TV on the Radio.  Their music is what I consider flawless: a powerful guitar riff that is both danceable and vengeful, a soulful voice of the frontman, and hella great lyrics.  They excel in accuracy and catchiness.  If I hear "Wolf Like Me" on Monday, I am singing it 'till Friday.  To be honest, they have the right to be assholes.  They fucking rock.



"Staring at the Sun"

"Wolf Like Me"

2 comments:

Marcus said...

Hot Chip are equally as great, but much more low-key about how awesome they are (i.e. showing up to Patrick Ervell's fashion show, instantly making them awesome).

But as far as Made in the Dark goes:

GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.