Sunday 8 April 2007

Black Horse and the Cherry Tree

It's about midnight and we just left Manfredonia for pizza and a walk in the market. It's my cousin, his friend, my sister and me. I was told we were going to a party but then again I had no idea what anyone was saying. We then go to a parlour and get some gelato. We get into the red car and we hit the freeway. My cousin's friend begins to go 100 mph and on his mixtape is playing "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall. The rush was like drinking 5 gallons of coffee and there were no thoughts about anything. It didn't matter the destination or anything. We had nothing better to do (well, my sister and I, Antonio had to work). We didn't even speak the same languages, but we knew what we were all thinking and saying. Then my cousin's friend stops the car, and we're on the beach. We all take off our shoes and it's pitch black but you can feel the wind and hear the waves crashing on the coast. We all go up to the water and kick and splash and relax for 10 minutes. Then we go back into the car.


For some reason I keep thinking about this moment. It's just so perfect.

No comments: